Starkey instructions are as follows: Pairing should be done after the hearing aids have been programmed in the Inspire Software.
Pairing Halo to an Apple Device
1. Navigate to the Settings icon on the Apple device
2. Select General > Accessibility > Hearing Aids
3. If Bluetooth is turned Off on this screen, turn it On
4. Open and close the battery door on the hearing aids Note: A fresh battery is needed in each hearing aid
5. Tap on the Hearing Aid Name to connect the hearing aids to the Apple device
6. Select Pair for each request, if pairing a binaural set you will receive two requests. Note: These requests may be several seconds apart
7. A black check mark will appear next to connected hearing aid name
Good-To-Know • Halo can be paired with up to 5 Apple devices but can only be connected to one Apple device at a time • To switch to another paired Apple device, turn Bluetooth off on the original device and the next Apple device will automatically be seen, granted Bluetooth is ON
I would add two things to the instructions already given:
1. When the phone is looking to pair with the aids, you must open and close the battery doors of the aids.
2. Your dispensing audiologist should have gone over this procedure and and given you a written set of instructions.
On your phone go into Settings, then select General, then Accessibility, then Hearing Devices. The phone will start searching automatically at that point. Make sure the hearing aids have fresh batteries. You should see the hearing aids show up with your name, for example "Robert's H/A's." A pop up message will prompt you to either Pair or Cancel. Hit Pair and if you have two hearing aids it will ask you twice. That's all there is to it, and this will be just a one time process. This will allow you to receive phone calls, listen to music, etc steaming directly to your hearing aids. You can also download the Tru Link app which will allow you to adjust the volume of your hearing aids, create customized listening programs, etc.
This Website Does Not Provide Medical Advice. All material on this Website is provided for informational purposes only. Inclusion of information on this site does not imply any medical advice, recommendation or warranty. Answers provided should not be considered a substitute for the advice of health professionals who are familiar with your specific medical history. Experts who provide advice via "Expert Answers" assume no liability for the accuracy or completeness of, nor any liability to update, the information provided. Expert answers and comments may be removed at any time, at the discretion of the moderators, without notice.