Ad loading

I am deaf in my right ear. I have diminished hearing in my left ear. Is there a hearing aid that would go in my left ear and transmit to a hearing aid in my left ear?

Margaret ("Peggy") Tomko

Professional Member

13 November 2017 - 2.25K Views

What you should look for is CROS technology (the transmitter worn on your right will send the signal "wirelessly" to a hearing aid on the left, and the left hearing aid will amplify it according to the hearing loss in your left ear).

Here are the manufacturers that have CROS technology: StarkeyPhonakWidex, and Signia (Siemens).

Good luck!

Upvote (1) Downvote Reply


This Website Does Not Provide Medical Advice. All material on this Website is provided for informational purposes only. Inclusion of information on this site does not imply any medical advice, recommendation or warranty. Answers provided should not be considered a substitute for the advice of health professionals who are familiar with your specific medical history. Experts who provide advice via "Expert Answers" assume no liability for the accuracy or completeness of, nor any liability to update, the information provided. Expert answers and comments may be removed at any time, at the discretion of the moderators, without notice.