Conversations Shine with Phonak AudéoTM Lumity
Speech understanding is essential. It is consistently rated as a top need that those with hearing loss continue to seek improvements in. Everyone should be able to actively participate in conversations without any barriers. It is vital for people’s well-being to hear clearly and maintain connections, and Phonak has been providing solutions to help people establish new relationships and maintain existing ones for over 75 years.
With Lumity, you can fully immerse in conversations and enjoy easier listening in many situations. Lumity intelligently boosts conversations in noise, connecting you to the world around you and even provides health insights while allowing more control over your hearing.
With Lumity, you can fully immerse in conversations and enjoy easier listening in many situations.
Phonak has developed features to boost hearing in even the most challenging environments. All of this is on top of our established evidence-based, evidence-backed features that are automatically managed by the New AutoSense OS™ 5.0.
Lumity utilizes Phonak proprietary technology to deliver universal connectivity, ensuring you stay connected to the world around you and enables convenient appointments between you and your Hearing Care Provider with Remote Support.
The new features in Lumity deliver a huge audiological jump in speech understanding.
Lumity features universal connectivity, ensuring you stay connected to the world around you and making possible convenient appointments between you and your Hearing Care Provider with Remote Support.
Experience the Evolution of Speech Understanding with Phonak SmartSpeech™ Technology
Lumity allows you to experience the evolution of speech understanding with Phonak SmartSpeech Technology. This collection of unique-to-Phonak features is constantly working to ensure you benefit from improved speech understanding and reduced listening effort in many situations.1-3
For loud noise environments when you want to focus from the front, StereoZoom 2.0 can provide a 2.5 dB SNR improvement over StereoZoom which results in a 16% better speech understanding.
When speech is coming from the back and sides, SpeechSensor can provide a 3.4 dB improvement in SNR from the side and a 2.5 dB improvement in SNR from the back. This provides a 15% better speech understanding from the side and back, and an 11% reduction in listening effort. This ensures that you remain connected to your surroundings and hear what you want to, when you want to.
AutoSense 5.0, with new activation parameters, continues to orchestrate all Lumity features to ensure an optimal balance of speech understanding and comfort.
Conversations shine with Lumity.
Scientific literature has shown that reduced listening effort may also reduce feelings of fatigue, making you feel less tired at the end of the day.
Well-Hearing is Well-Being™
For over 75 years, Phonak has created innovative hearing solutions that positively impact the lives of millions of people. With Well-Hearing is Well-Being, we provide you a deeper understanding of the importance of hearing health and the role our hearing solutions play within it.
With Phonak Lumity, you will experience reduced listening effort in quiet and in noise. Scientific literature has shown that reduced listening effort may also reduce feelings of fatigue,4,5 making you feel less tired at the end of the day. Plus, improved listening effort frees up cognitive space.6 We believe that hearing plays a vital role in overall wellness, because well-hearing is well-being.
More information on Audéo Lumity.
- Appleton J (2020). AutoSense OS 4.0 - Significantly less listening effort and preferred for speech intelligibility. Phonak Field Study News retrieved from www.phonakpro.com/evidence, accessed February, 2022.
- Latzel M, Hobi S (2022). ActiveVent™ Receiver provides benefit of open and closed acoustics for better speech understanding in noise and naturalness of own voice perception. Phonak Field Study News retrieved from www.phonakpro.com/evidence, accessed May 2022
- Thibodeau LM (2020). Benefits in Speech Recognition in Noise with Remote Wireless Microphones in Group Settings. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 31(6), 404–411.
- Pichora-Fuller MK, Singh G (2006). Effects of Age on Auditory and Cognitive Processing: Implications for Hearing Aid Fitting and Audiologic Rehabilitation. Trends in Amplification, 10(1), 29–59. https://doi.org/10.1177/108471380601000103
- Holman JA, Drummond A, Hughes SE, Naylor G (2019). Hearing impairment and daily-life fatigue: a qualitative study. International Journal of Audiology, 58(7), 408–416. https://doi.org/10.1080/14992027.2019.1597284
- Sarant J, Harris D, Busby P, Maruff P, Schembri A, Lemke U, Launer S (2020). The effect of hearing aid use on cognition in older adults: Can we delay decline or even improve cognitive function? Journal of Clinical Medicine, 9(1), 254. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm9010254