How Is Tinnitus Prevented?
Tinnitus is most commonly a symptom of untreated hearing loss. Preventing hearing loss and preventing tinnitus follow the same strategies.
- Avoid exposure to loud noises
- If exposure cannot be prevented, wear appropriate hearing protection
- Keep your blood pressure in a normal range
- Keep blood sugar in a normal range
- Eat a healthy diet, avoid substances known to aggravate tinnitus
- Discuss medications with your physician, be aware of side effects and ask for alternatives if tinnitus is noted after beginning a new medication.